Skin Ceutical Lip repair.
- The lip anatomy presents specific challenges when it comes to care. Repeated application of a hydrating antioxidant helps to prevent premature lip tissue wrinkling, maintain the structure of the lip and smooth the surface.
- Our lips have more than a million nerve endings but do not have a defensive membrane for protection so require constant hydration and moisture.
- Lips have no sebaceous glands, this leads to a constant need for moisture. Saliva is the only source of moisture but leads to chapping and dryness, magnifying signs of ageing.
- There is no melanin present in lip skin so there is no protection from UV exposure. Lips can develop sun spots and skin cancer regardless of Fitzpatrick type.
- Environmental ageing can cause the vermilion borders of the lips to lose their youthful outline, sometimes forming deep vertical lines above the lip.
- Lips have a thinner stratum corneum to that on the face, which needs reinforcement. Lip skin typically has three to five cellular layers, facial skin has approximately 16 cellular layers. For this reason, the visible blood capillaries give the lips their red-pink pigment.
Introducing AOX Lip Complex.We are delighted to introduce SkinCeutical’s new AOX Lip Complex, a restorative antioxidant, plumping lip treatment specially designed for damaged or ageing lips.
- Two powerful antioxidants, vitamin E and silymarin, form a combination therapy for the lips.
- This restorative treatment helps prevent environmental damage, while smoothing and rehydrating the lip surface.
- A complex of humectants and emollients made up of hyaluronic acid, hydroxyethyl urea and glycerine help attract and retain water to rejuvenate, reshape and replenish lip tissue.
- Special botanical emollients hydrate and heal dry, dehydrated lips, to smooth deep lip lines for full, healthy, youthful lips.
- Apply a small amount to lips twice a day or as required
- Apply with ring finger in a gentle, patting motion to enhance product absorption
- Focusing on the lip border will assist with managing lip lines
AOX Lip Complex offers a versatile treatment, able to be incorporated as part of a daily care routine, or as an intensive overnight treatment. In addition, the lip concentrate offers significant benefits when offered as part of pre and post-procedure care , in order to prime the lips ahead of treatment by restoring lip tissue and for relieving common after-effects such as dryness, tightness and swelling.
The AOX Lip Complex treatment can offer relief for clients suffering from lip dryness due to drying prescription therapies such as oral isotretinoins. The botanical emollients in this special treatment formulation help to hydrate and heal dehydrated lips and smooth deep lines leaving patients with full, healthy and youthful-looking lips.
- Silymarin : Extract of the milk thistle plant that provides powerful antioxidant protection
- Hyaluronic Acid : Natural humectant with excellent water-binding capabilities; capable of attracting and retaining 1,000 times its own weight in water; ability to retain water gives immediate smoothness to rough skin
- Hydroxyethyl urea : Water-binding capability improves skin’s elasticity; diffuses into the stratum corneum to increase skin hydration and replenish moisture levels
- Vitamin E- Pure vitamin E (not a derivative) and provides powerful antioxidant protection
- Glycerine: Proven humectant, helps maintain the skin’s water balance on an intercellular level; attracts water to skin’s surface from both the environment and from deeper layers of the skin; prevents skin dryness and provides intensive nourishment
- Allantoin: Botanical anti-irritant extract known for its healing and soothing properties