Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1-3/4 lbs. fresh tomatoes, including juice.
- 3/4 c. brown rice, uncooked.
- 1 c. celery, cooked, chopped.
- 1 c. onion, cooked, chopped.
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 1 Tbs. sugar .
- 4 c. chicken stock.
- 1/4 c. fresh (basil) herb, chopped or 1-1/2 tsp.
- Place all ingredients, except fresh herb (if using dried, add now), in a non-stick pot over medium high heat.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and breaking up the tomatoes with edge of spoon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and serve.
- Tasty and low fat.